Even if you have the best housekeeper in the world, I’d suggest still making a cleaning checklist. It’s a tough job turning over a whole home in just a couple of hours so to make certain that there are no mistakes, provide your housekeeper with a cleaning checklist.
I have printed and laminated two copies of the cleaning checklist I created below for my two Airbnb condos. I always urge my housekeepers to use the checklist even if they already know what to do. This is just in case they forget something. That one mistake can land you a low “Cleanliness” review and affect future bookings. This is a useful list to follow so feel free to take it and adapt it to your home!
- Clean appliances, counters, cabinets, and chairs.
- Throw out Trash.
- Wash dishes.
- Clean, scrub, and sanitize sinks, countertops, and backsplashes.
- Clean, wipe around stove top.
- Clean appliance exteriors, including the inside of toaster and water boiler.
- Clean inside and outside of refrigerator and microwave.
- Sweep and Mop floor.
- Quickly organize cupboards.
- Restock if needed liquid dish soap, and trash bags.
- Put out clean dish towel, and dish rag/sponge.
- Clean and dust.
- Dust window sills and ledges.
- Dust furniture, curtains, picture frames, TV, and lamps.
- Sweep and Mop floor.
- Wash windows (inside and outside) on sliding glass doors (be careful of window stickers).
- Change sheets, duvet cover, and pillowcases.
- Sweep floor and under beds, and mop.
- Check for personal belongings left in drawers and closets.
- Dust furniture and clean mirrors.
- Make sure light bulbs are not burned out (replace if needed).
- Check for damage or stains on sheets and blankets.
- Take dirty sheets, duvet cover and pillow cases to laundry.
- Clean, scrub and sanitize showers, sinks, and backsplashes.
- Clean mirrors.
- Clean and sanitize toilets.
- Polish faucets.
- Wash floors and tile walls.
- Empty trashcan and replace trash bag.
- Replenish liquid hand soap.
- Supply clean linens, 2 big towels, 2 hand towels, and 1 shower mat.
- Take dirty towels and shower mat to laundry.
- Check light bulbs and change if necessary.
- Notify Julia immediately if you notice any damages, missing items, or if the home was left excessively dirty.
- Check if copy of Main key and bathroom key is in locked drawer
Supply & Maintenance Checklist
- Clean air-conditioning unit (every few months).
- Examine the septic system for flooding or unusual odor.
- Restock paper products (toilet paper, etc.).
- Restock cleaning supplies that you leave for your guests including: all-purpose leaner/disinfectant, dishwasher detergent, window-cleaner.
- Restock trash bags.
- Check brooms and mops to see if they need replacing.
- Broom and mop.
- Various cleaning solutions, including window cleaner, bleach, and disinfectant.
- Extra batteries for TV and AC remotes.
- Light bulbs, in all sizes and watts, including appliance bulbs.
General Cleaning Tasks
- Spot clean the walls, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Dust the decor (photos, framed art, etc.).
- Look for signs of pests.
- Clean the windows.
How to Operate Samsung Smart TV
Check if NETFLIX is Connected
- Turn TV on
- Press SMART HUB on remote
- Select NETFLIX
- If TV says “Preparing the TV…Please try again later.” Just wait for a minute or so and then try again.
- If Airbnb picture shows up it is connected
- Turn TV off
If Netflix is signed out
- Select NETFLIX
- Select Sign in
- Contact Julia to ask for password
- Enter Password
- Select Next
- It is now connected to NETFLIX
If you select NETFLIX or YOUTUBE and a message says, “You’re not connected to the network. Check the network Status and connect to the Internet to use this service.”
- Press MENU
- Scroll down to Network
- Press on right arrow >
- Press on Network Settings
- Select: PLDTHOMEDSL……
- Enter Password: PLDTWIFI……
- Press Done
- If it says “You are connected to the Internet”, check if Netflix is connected.
Turn everything off before leaving.
Hope this helps and good luck! Thank you for reading.